Our wire in floor heating kits include all of the components you need for your in floor heating installation. Each kit contains:
- MasterHeat 500850 Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat
- MasterHeat Relay (when needed)
- MasterHeat in floor heating wire
- Metal Strapping to secure wire
- Loudmouth Installation Monitor
MasterHeat Wire is a simple, economical way to warm floors and provide years of lasting comfort. Warm all kinds of floor coverings including ceramic tile, stone, wood, laminates, vinyl and carpet. Master Wholesale offers uncoated and coated MasterHeat in floor heating wire cables. Both uncoated and coated floor warming wires are available in 120 VAC and 240 VAC and cover anywhere from 8 - 240 square feet, depending on wire spacing. MasterHeat in floor warming wires can be used in all applications, excluding shower applications for the uncoated floor warming wire spools.
For shower applications or anywhere the toughness of an outer jacket is needed, use the MasterHeat coated floor heating wire spools which have an outer coating made of urethane, an incredibly tough and waterproof material. MasterHeat in floor heating wires can be spaced and attached with metal straps or with the Radiant Positioning Mats. In either case, pay special attention to how thin-set or self-leveling mortar should be applied over the cables prior to setting tile, stone, or other flooring.
Evaluate how many square feet of floor you would like to be heated by radiant heat. Do not put under cabinets or appliances. Generally, about 85%-90% of the open areas should have the floor warming element. Leave the in floor heating wire at least 4"-6" away from your walls. To keep toes warm, install right up to the toe-kick in front of kitchen or bath cabinets, and in front of a toilet, shower or tub.
Choose a "spacing factor" of 2", 2-1/2" or 3" on center
- 2" on center = 15 Watts/ s/f: Use on concrete basement slabs, sunrooms and in other high heat loss areas
- 2-1/2" on center = 12 Watts/ s/f: Use in bathrooms, kitchens, living/dining areas, etc
- 3" on center = 10 Watts/ s/f: Use in hallways, entries, low heat loss areas, etc
2-1/2" spacing on center is the most commonly used spacing and equals the heat output of the MasterHeat in floor heating mats.
|In the Box:||