The LATICRETE Hydro Ban Preformed Shower Niche is a component of the expanded LATICRETE Hydro Ban line of waterproofing products that allow for high quality rapid shower installations. They are constructed of lightweight high-density expanded polystyrene with a waterproof coating and are ready to tile.
Materials needed:Saw or utility knife for cutting substrate layer out of niche location. LATICRETE Hydro Ban Adhesive & Sealant or LATICRETE Hydro Ban and LATICRETE Waterproofing Anti-Fracture Fabric.
- Lightweight and durable. Easy to transport, handle and adjust during installation.
- Factory installed, code approved waterproofing meets ANSI A118.10 requirements.
- Ready to tile!
- Multiple design options and sizes available adding utility and value to the shower installation.
- Component of LATICRETE Lifetime Warranty^ Single source responsibility.
- Works in conjunction LATICRETE tile and stone installation materials.
^ See DS 230.99 for complete warranty information.
- Interior and Exterior use.
- Shower stalls and tub surrounds.
- Industrial, commercial and residential.
- Decorative applications in wall
- Wood or metal studded walls
LATICRETE Hydro Ban Preformed Niche models (inside dimensions)
12"x12" (30 cm x 30 cm) Square
12" x 12" and 12" x 6" (30 cm x 30 cm and 30 cm x 15 cm) Wide Combo
8" x 12" and 8" x 6" (20 cm x 30 cm and 20 cm x 15 cm) Narrow Combo
12" x 20" (30 cm x 51 cm) Mega 8" x 8" (20 cm x 20 cm) Soap
Factory sealed containers of this product are guaranteed to be of first quality for Five (5) years if stored at temperatures >32°F (0°C) and <110°F (43°C).
- Adhesives/mastics, mortars and grouts for ceramic tile, pavers, brick and stone are not replacements for waterproofing membranes. When a waterproofing membrane is required, use LATICRETE Hydro Ban.
- Note: Surfaces must be structurally sound, stable and rigid enough to support ceramic/stone tile, thin brick and similar finishes.
- Do not expose to rubber solvents or ketones.
- Must be covered with ceramic tile, stone, finish.
Consult MSDS for more safety information.
- During cold weather, protect finished work until fully cured.
- For white and light-colored marbles, use a white LATICRETE Latex Portland Cement Thin Set Mortar.
- For green and moisture sensitive marble, agglomerates and resin backed tile and stone use LATAPOXY® 300 Adhesive (refer to Data Sheet 633.0).
- If the waterproof coating on the LATICRETE Hydro Ban Preformed Niche is punctured during installation or from job site construction activity re-coat the punctured area and 2" (50 mm) around the area with two coats of LATICRETE Hydro Ban, follow DS 663.0 and DS 663.5 for full instructio
|Warranty:||Limited Warranty Upon Manufacturer Inspection|