MasterHeat 120v wire is a simple, economical way to warm floors and provide years of lasting comfort. Warm all kinds of floor coverings including ceramic tile, stone, wood, laminates, vinyl and carpet. Whatever your installation, there is a MasterHeat in floor warming cable spool sized just for your project. MasterHeat Coated Wire is made the same as MasterHeat Wire, but has an additional tough, water proof outer jacket.
MasterHeat in floor warming wires can be used in all applications, excluding shower applications for the uncoated floor warming wire spools. For shower applications or anywhere the toughness of an outer jacket is needed, use the MasterHeat coated floor heating wire spools which have an outer coating made of urethane, an incredibly tough and waterproof material.
- New Water-Proof Outer Jacket
- Now U.L. Approved for Showers
- Tough Stainless Steel Ground Braid
- Single-point Connection
- Using the New “shower approved” MasterHeat Coated Wire makes it easy to heat your dry and wet floor areas with the same cable.
- Oxygen-free heating elements
- ETFE insulation
- Stainless Steel ground braid
- New red outer jacket
- Approved for showers
MasterHeat in floor heating wires can be spaced and attached with metal straps or with the Radiant Positioning Mats. In either case, pay special attention to how thin-set or self-leveling mortar should be applied over the cables prior to setting tile, stone, or other flooring.
Evaluate how many square feet of floor you would like to be heated by radiant heat. Do not put under cabinets or appliances. Generally, about 85%-90% of the open areas should have the floor warming element. Leave the in floor heating wire at least 4"-6" away from your walls. To keep toes warm, install right up to the toe-kick in front of kitchen or bath cabinets, and in front of a toilet, shower or tub.
- 2” on center = 15 Watts/sq. ft. - Use on concrete basement slabs, sunrooms, and in other high heat loss areas.
- 2-1/2” on center = 12 Watts/sq. ft. - Use in bathrooms, kitchens, dining/living areas, etc.
- 3” on center = 10 Watts/sq. ft. - Use in hallways, entries, low heat loss areas, etc.
2-1/2” on center is the most commonly used spacing, and equals the heat output of MasterHeat mats.
|Item #||Length||Sq.Ft. @ 2" o.c. (15W/sq.ft.)||Sq.Ft. @ 2.5" o.c. (12W/sq.ft.)||Sq.Ft. @ 3" o.c. (10W/sq.ft.)||Amp Draw|
|Warranty:||25 Year Limited Warranty|