Schluter-DILEX-AKWS is a surface joint profile with aluminum anchoring legs that protect tile edges. It features a 1/4" (6 mm)-wide, soft PVC movement zone that separates individual fields in the tile covering and forms the visible surface.
Schluter-DILEX-AKWS features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of aluminum, which are secured in the mortar bond coat and provide edge protection for adjacent tiles. The profile separates individual fields in the tile covering and accommodates movement via the 1/4" (6 mm)-wide, soft PVC movement zone, which also forms the visible surface. The soft PVC movement zone is connected to the anchoring legs with rigid PVC grip bars and is not replaceable. DILEX-AKWS is suitable for both residential use and medium-duty Schluter®-DILEX-AKWS commercial applications, such as areas subject to moderate mechanical stresses, including light vehicular traffic. In addition, DILEX-AKWS prevents sound bridges, making it ideal for use in sound-rated floors.
- Designed to allow movement and reduce stress in large, tiled areas
- Eliminates the need for caulking
- Prevents cracking and delamination
- Provides stress relief from movements in tile field due to thermal and moisture expansion/contraction and loading
- Ideal for residential to medium-duty commercial applications, such as areas subject to moderate mechanical stresses, including vehicular traffic
- Available in aluminum
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Trim Length:||8' 2-1/2"|