The Makita 5 inch SJS II High Power Angle Grinder combines power, convenience, comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. This Makita Angle Grinder is ideal for cutting, grinding ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work, and more.
The GA5042CX1 is equipped with SJS II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJS II also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use.
The 12 AMP motor delivers 2,800-11,000 RPM for versatility and maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination from entering the motor. Additional protection features include a zig-zag epoxy applied to both sides of the armature coil, and a powder-coating to the field. This forms a barrier under rotation and is engineered to protect from dust and debris penetration for longer tool life.
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor delivers more output and variable (2,800 - 11,000) RPM
- SJS™II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Includes a 5" dust extraction tuck point guard for clean and accurate tuck pointing and cutting
- Tuck point guard provides easily adjustable depth setting for quick changes
- Tuck point guard features adjustable depth stops for added user convenience
- Tuck point guard has a clear viewing window for improved visibility
- Tuck point guard has a plunge feature which allows for improved dust containment
- Vibration absorbing handle can be installed in various locations on the tuck point guard for improved ergonomics
- Electronic Controller provides constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic Controller provides soft start which is designed to suppress start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Includes: 5" tuck pointing guard, 5" tuck point blade, grinding guard, side handle, inner flange, lock-nut and wrench
|Net Weight (lbs.):||5.4|
|No Load Speed (rpm):||2,800 - 11,000|