The Makita GA7060 7-Inch Angle Grinder combines 15 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The GA7060 is ideal for masons, welders, ship yard workers, automotive technicians, stone/tile work, HVAC, electricians, and general contractors for a range of industrial grinding applications.
The 15 AMP Motor Delivers 8,500 RPM
The Makita GA7060 is powered by a 15 AMP motor that delivers 8,500 RPM for the most demanding applications. The labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation.
Comfort and Ergonomics
The Makita GA7060 weighs only 11.7 lbs. and is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. The grinder features an ergonomic rubberized handle with trigger switch, and the gear housing can be positioned every 90 degrees for operator convenience. The side handle can be easily installed on either side of the tool.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The GA7060 is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications including cutting, ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, heavy machinery, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, and restoration work. The grinder is built for welders, fabricators, plumbers, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile workers, HVAC, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class industrial quality angle grinder.
- Rear handle trigger switch with lock-on feature; lock-off feature requires two actions to start the grinder
- Redesigned motor with greater armature stability and larger commutator bars for 3 times longer life compared to previous model
- Zig-zag epoxy on both sides of the armature coil and a powder-coated field for added protection from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Aluminum gear housing provides superior gear alignment and smoother transmission for increased durability
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Side handle installs in three locations for operator comfort in various applications
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Brush spiral spring allows for a 30% larger brush and increased air-flow compared to previous model
- Automatic brush cut-off protects motor from damage for longer tool life
- Brush door provides easy access to brushes for convenient replacement; protects serial number identification label
- Rubberized back handle for increased operator comfort
- Compact design at 17-3/4" long and weighs 11.7 lbs. for added comfort
- Includes 7" grinding guard and lock-nut wrench
|In the Box:||
|Net Weight (lbs.):||11.7|
|No Load Speed (rpm):||8,500|