The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-ion Cordless Jig Saw (model XVJ03Z, tool only) combines precision and power with the lowest overall weight in its class. The Makita XVJ03Z has a range of precision and comfort features for precise jig saw cutting performance, including less vibration and lower noise for more control and comfort.
The XVJ03Z features a Makita-Built Motor Engineered for Versatile Power with high torque that produces a 1” stroke and 0-2,600 strokes per minute (SPM) for fast and efficient cutting. In addition it has lower vibration and less noise for more control and comfort. It has four position cut settings (3 orbital and one straight) for fast and efficient cutting in all applications and a “tool-less” push-in lock system for quick blade changes. The blade roller guide is positioned close to the work piece for precision accuracy in straight and bevel cuts.
Ergonomic Design in a Compact Size: The XVJ03Z weighs only 6.1 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 10-1/8” long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The two-finger variable speed trigger switch is easy to handle, even with a gloved hand. It is also equipped with a built-in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications: The XVJ03Z has less noise, less vibration and less weight for more control and comfort. It is engineered for professional woodworkers, cabinetry makers, specialized residential construction workers and any pro-contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless jig saw.
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-2,600 strokes per minute for fast and efficient cutting
- 3 orbital settings plus straight cutting for use in a wide range of materials
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Weighs only 6.1 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Length of Stroke : 1"
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (wood) : 5-5/16"
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (steel) : 3/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (aluminum) : 25/32"
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 2,600 SPM
- Blade Shank : "T" Tang
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 10-1/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 6.4 lbs.
- Variable speed control dial : No
- Orbital settings : Yes
- Tool-less blade change : Yes
- Power Type : Cordless
|In the Box:||