The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2" / 5" Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake and AWS™ (tool only, battery and charger sold separately) delivers corded grinding performance without the cord. It is powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. Makita's exclusive Automatic Speed Change™ technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The XAG17ZU is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
For improved efficiency, the XAG17ZU Grinder is equipped with AWS (Auto-Start Wireless System technology) which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS™-equipped XAG17ZU is engaged, the AWS™-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2 in. / 5 in. Cut-Off/Angle Grinder - (XAG17ZU) features:
- Electric Brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Variable speed control dial allows manual RPM adjustment (3,000-8,500) to match the speed to the application
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
|In the Box:||
|Net Weight (lbs.):||5.7|
|No Load Speed (rpm):||3,000 - 8,500 RPM|