The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Quick-Shift Mode™ 3-Speed Impact Driver (model XDT14R) is a best-in-class fastening solution for users who want more torque, longer run-time, and precision fastening features. The XDT14R delivers all of the above in a compact size with a superior power-to-weight ratio. The kit includes two efficient 18V LXT® 2.0Ah batteries, and each reach a full charge in only 25 minutes – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity.
The Makita XDT14R combines a full 1,550 in.lbs. of fastening torque with category-leading precision features. Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening. Another precision feature is Tightening Mode (T-mode), which downshifts and reduces rotation and impact speed prior to driving the screw into place, and is engineered to minimize screw thread stripping, screw breakage and damage to work. These precision features, combined with 3-speed power settings, give users more control for a wide range of fastening tasks – from cabinet screws and deck screws to lag bolts, and much more. It weighs only 2.7 lbs. (with 18V 2.0Ah battery) and at only 4-5/8" long it is ideal for work in tight spaces.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Makita XDT14R features:
- Quick-Shift Mode™ uses the brushless motor’s electronic controls to find the best balance of speed and torque for each application for more efficient fastening
- Tightening Mode (T-mode) for faster tightening of self-drilling screws; helps prevent damage to the screw or workpiece
- 3-speed power selection switch (0-1,100 / 0-2,100 / 0-3,600 RPM & 0-1,100 / 0-2,600 / 0-3,800 IPM) provides precise fastening control for a wide range of applications
- BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 3,600 Max RPM and 1,550 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 4-5/8" long
- Weighs only 2.7 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- All metal gear housing for increased job site durability
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Dual L.E.D. lights with an independent on/off switch illuminate the work area
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism is manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B provides up to 50% more run time per charge*
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery BL1820B reaches a full charge in 25 minutes or less
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Makita XDT14R Specs:
- Hex Shank : 1/4"
- No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.) : 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,100 / 0 - 3,600 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute (var. 3 spd.) : 0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,600 / 0 - 3,800 IPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) : 1,550 in.lbs./175N•m
- Battery : 18V LXT® Compact Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length : 4-5/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 2.7 lbs.
- Speed power selection : 3
- Power Type : Cordless
- Shipping Weight : 17 lbs.
|In the Box:||
|Net Weight (lbs.):||2.7|
|No Load Speed (rpm):||0 - 1,100 / 0 - 2,100 / 0 - 3,600|