Quikrete Mason Mix is a contractor grade mortar mix designed for laying brick, concrete masonry units and stone. Quikrete Mason Mis is a preblended, sanded product. The standard formulation meets ASTM C270 Type S. Mason Mix is available in gray and additional colors by special order.
Available in 80lb bags.
- ASTM C270 Standard Specification for Mortar for Unit Masonry
- ASTM C387 Standard Specification for Packaged, Dry, Combined Materials for Mortar and Concrete
Quikrete Mason Mix meets or exceeds the property requirements of ASTM C270 and ASTM C387 for the type selected. Refer to Appendix XI of ASTM C270 for guidance in selecting the proper mortar type. See PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MASONRY MORTARS
Installation: Surfaces to receive Mason Mix should be clean and free of dirt, loose debris, grease, oil, etc., for the best possible bond.
- For each 80lb. bag add 9pt. of fresh water to mixer
- Turn the mixer on and begin adding bags of Mason Mix
If the material becomes too difficult to mix, add additional water until a workable mix of trowelable consistency is obtained.
Note: Final water content should be 9-14pt. for each 80lb. bag
- Apply a full bed of mortar onto the base, approximately 1/2"-3/4" thick
- Push downward into the mortar bed and sideways against the previously laid block witha slight twisting motion
Tool the mortar joints when they become thumbprint hard. This will make the mortar joint watertight and provide neat appearance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MASONRY MORTARS
Hydraulic cement-lime mortars or cement mortars
Miniumum compressive strength psi: 1800
Water retention, min.percent: 75
Air content, max.percent: 12
Masonry Cement Mortars
Minimum compressive strength psi: 1800
Water retention min.percent: 75
Air content max.percent: 18
(1)When structural reinforcement is included, the maximum air content shall be 12%
(2)When structural reinforcement is included, the maximum air content shall be 18%
|Net Weight (lbs.):||80.00|
|MPN:||TYPE S MORTAR|
|Size (L x W x H):||19" x 17" x 4.5"|