Schluter SCHIENE Profiles provide effective and attractive edge protection for tile coverings that are typically bordered by carpet, at expansion joints, or as decorative edging for stairs. The profile offers a discreet, minimum reveal which is ideal for creating elegant transitions between floor coverings.
SCHIENE is available in stainless steel, solid brass, aluminum, and anodized aluminum. The profile features a trapezoid perforated anchoring leg, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, and an 87° sloped vertical wall section that transfers point loads to the substrate and surface covering while protecting tile edges from damage. SCHIENE, in solid brass, aluminum, and anodized aluminum, features a 5° sloped top flange and fillet at the anchoring leg/vertical section interface to enhance edge protection by reducing stresses on the tile, and, in sizes greater than 1/4" (6 mm), features an integrated joint spacer that establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
The anchoring leg of SCHIENE, in all materials, is available with a special radius perforation “R” so that the profile can be used to form curves.
- Prevents tiles from chipping
- Ideal for creating transitions on floors
- Ideal for floor installations, where tile is bordered by carpet or wood
- Features an approximately 1/8" (3 mm)-wide visible surface for discreet transitions
- Anchoring leg is available with a special radius perforation so that the profile can be used to form curves
- 87° slope to transfer point loads and protect tile edges
- Available in stainless steel, solid brass, aluminum, and anodized aluminum
|SKU:||S SHIENE WC|
|Warranty:||5 Year Limited Warranty|
|Trim Material:||Aluminum, Brass, Stainless Steel|
|Trim Length:||8' 2-1/2"|