The Makita BL1850B 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 5.0Ah battery has a category-leading charge time of only 45 minutes, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
The 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool.
Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created STAR Protection Computer Controls. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
The BL1850B features:
- Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- Reaches full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
- Sixteen contact terminals maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage
|Net Weight (lbs.):||1.49|
|Size (L x W x H):||4 7/8" x 4 11/64" x 3 45/64"|