For all Expedited Schluter orders shipping via overnight or 2nd Day Air, the order must be placed by 10am PST to qualify for same day shipment (Monday - Friday, excluding holidays).
Schluter Ditra Heat Cables (DITRA-HEAT_E-HK) are twisted pair heating cables designed for integration with Schluter DITRA-HEAT uncoupling membrane in interior floor warming applications and feature:
- Cables snap into the membrane; clips and fasteners are not required
- No self-levelers required to encapsulate the cables; installation time significantly reduced
- No return to thermostat required
- Produces virtually zero electromagnetic fields
- 120 V and 240 V options available in a variety of lengths
Important Ordering Information for Ditra Heat Cables:
- Do not purchase a heating cable the same size as the area to be tiled; this will be too much heating cable!
- Very important: Never CUT the heating cable. This would change the cable resistance and could lead to a fire.
- Install the heating cable at a spacing of 3 studs (3-1/2" – 9 cm).
- Minimum spacing from walls or fixtures (e.g., cabinets) is 3" (75 mm).
- Minimum spacing from other heat sources (baseboard heaters, fireplaces, forced air heating ducts, etc.) is 8" (200 mm)
- Minimum spacing from any plumbing drain is 6" (150 mm).
- The heating cable section of the cable must be entirely installed under the floor covering. In order to prevent a fire hazard, do not install it anywhere else (e.g., in a wall).
- Never install heating cable under vanities, bathtub platforms, kitchen cabinets and islands or any other fixtures. Excessive heat could build up in these confined spaces and may cause a fire.
- It is helpful to plan the location of a buffer zone, as it is not possible to predict where the heating cable will end. The buffer zone is an area where heating is not essential, typically behind a toilet or adjacent to a door opening. This area allows for placement of excess heating cable.
- Heating cable testing is required while the heating cable is on the spool and at two subsequent steps during installation to ensure cable quality and for warranty purposes. A megohmmeter is required for the insulation resistance testing of the heating cables.
|SKU:||S DHE HK 240|
|Warranty:||Limited 10 Year Warranty|
|Size (L x W x H):||13" x 12" x 4"|
|Net Weight (lbs.):||3.00 - 19.82|